lunes, 11 de febrero de 2008

The phone doesn't work

My job is asking phone, but now the phone is off. I think it is a software problem. On the other side, today is my first English exam, so I'm going to write in English.

I live in Seville since 1996. I came for studying Math and I started working here, although I've never wanted to come back to Cordoba.
The main different between Sevilla and Cordoba is the size, because I think people is really similar when weather is the same. Moreover, I can go to Cordoba whenever I wish.

Now I'm writting about me.
I love travelling, but I have two problems to do it: I don't have enough money and time. So I can only travel once a year. I'm going to buy a flat right now, so I think I can´t travel during two or three years. To purchase a flat in Spain is very difficult to young people.
I like reading, even I buy two or three books in a month or
check a book out of the library.
I like do exercise. I went to the gym, but now I have to save money. When I'd be owner perphaps I'll go to a cheaper gym or I'll go jogging, cycling, rowing... I can't predict what I wish.

P.S: I would thank your contribution for get better my written English.

8 comentarios:

Isabel Sira dijo...

Incapaz me siento de hacer aportaciones. Solo que en breves,mi propia redacción de inglés en... mi blog. jajaja
Y de buena te has librado con el teléfono roto... ¿No os lo habréis cargado vosotros porque es día de cobro? jaja jajaja

anthonytowers dijo...

Pon tus redacciones, que seguro están muy bien, ya que puedes usar más tiempos verbales.
Respecto al teléfono, esto es un coñazo, ahora entran llamadas con cuentagotas y la gente está mosqueada de tanto llamar sin que se lo podamos coger.

Zitrone dijo...

This is quite good! You only made two or three mistakes when using the different verbal tenses. But don't worry; that's very common.
Nice to meet you.
(Qué olvidado tengo el Inglés... Y eso que sólo llevo un año sin darlo)

anthonytowers dijo...

Alize, nice to meet you too. Y gracias. ¿Qué errores son?

Zitrone dijo...

Ok; but please do not think my English is perfect, these are your essential mistakes:
I've been living in Seville (instead of "I live"),
The main difference (instead of "different"),
I have two problems for doing so (instead of "I have two problems to do it"),
I won't be able to travel during two or three weeks (instead of "I can't travel"),
Purchasing a flat (instead of "to purchase")
I like doing exercise (instead of "I like do exercise"),
I used to go to the gym (instead of "I went to the gym"),
When I am owner (instead of "when i'd be owner)
But I insist; I'm absolutely not any kind of expert English speaker; and the text is quite good ;)
See you!
Lemon kisses

anthonytowers dijo...

Muchas gracias de nuevo, Alize. Estoy en primero de inglés de la escuela oficial y me estoy dando cuenta de todas las opciones que tenía y que he ido olvidando con el tiempo.
Voy a intentar usar tus correcciones de vez en cuando, a ver cómo me va.
Un beso.

Anónimo dijo...

Your essay is very very good for a beginner .
Your mistakes are very "normal" at this stage but
what is important is that the text is understandable.
Congratulations
Your online English Teacher ha ha ha.

On the other side in English is
On the other HAND

I have lived in Seville since 1996

I came to study Maths
(although many English people say Math this is not correct)

I've never wanted to GO back (because I am in Seville now I GO back). If I were in Cordoba I would say I never wanted to COME back

The main difference (diferencia)
I think people ARE (plural in English)

When the weather IS the same (verb missing)

can't travel FOR two o three years
(prepositions are very difficult to learn to use in any language)

to purchase a flat is difficult FOR young people

I like to read, I even buy

to TAKE a book out of the library

I used to go to the gym

When I AM A (property-flat-house)owner

I can't predict what I WILL wish

I wish you the very best, regards

anthonytowers dijo...

Thanks for your advices, nameless teacher.
I'll try to use them.